Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pay It Forward


What does it means of “Pay it forward” ? It is just a simple words but have a big meaning. If you all know about the Pay It Forward Movie, how is from one person can make big changes to others. Just do one a simple good thing to other people, other people can do another good thing to other people, and will be similar to a multi marketing level concept. The only different we will get a positive feedback instead of $$$. In the “real world” we can not ask other people to help another people, what we can do is to start with our self and start within our small family.

Why do we need to start to do that? If you can feel, nowdays a lot of peoples become ignorance, selfish, inconsiderate to others. They only think about themselves and does not care with others.

Take a look on below incidents:

1). When you are queueing in front of people, you do not notice if there is someone behind you. What will happen? you walked back or you step on people’s toes ! and then you noticed that there is somebody behind you.

2). When you are boarding to the train, very pack of peoples, in front of you already stand very close with other, so no more space left. But what you did? You keep moving or push people in front of you, something like the person is invisible.

3). When you are queueing in food store or cashier, you just joined the Q but with the loud voices ordered the food or pass your things to pay, does not care if there is someone in front of you even have not ordered ! Again, you think that no one there (invisible).

4). Worst case, when there is a pregnant woman, elderly people or other people that need to have a seat more than you, while you are sitting, pretend that you do not see them !

5). It just happened again, I was queueing in food store, suddenly there is a lady cut my queue and when I ordered the food , she is yelling at me! She thinks that she was in front of me so she should order first . Am I invisible??

Aren’t that very bad ? That was from my own experience.

If you want to know more about the bad things how people do nowadays, take for few examples from another part of world:

1). You felt sorry with other and want to help because you see the condition of one of family. You let them to rent your house with low-monthly rent . What happen next? The family does not take care your house and cause some damages and does not want to replace or refuse to pay.

2). You have already suffer with some family problems but your office’s colleagues talk bad things about you. They do not want to help instead spread some negative talks (gossiping) within each others.

3). You have some personal problems, one of your friend try to dig-out the info, not to help you but to spread to others.

What do you think about those? And I believe there are many such “bad things” around us. With those kind of bad experiences, why not we start to spread the positive behaviour to others? No need to think whether we will get any reward if we do that or whether we will get any benefit to do that.

I give some examples, from my own experience:

1). During office’s peak hours time (evening), went in to lift, it packed with peoples, and the door’s lift was unable to close because overloaded . I whispered to my friend who stand beside me with a “joke words”: “Heyy, did you eat too much during your lunch time? You see… now the lift is overloaded…hehehe..” . Few peoples heard what I said, and they are smiling. (remember 1 point = positive environment if we can see people smile). And you know what next? Someone who stand in front without any complain walked out from the lift.

Compare with this: Another day, with the same “overloaded” problem, someone at the back shouted “can someone in front step out !?” , the person in front walked out with grumbling and mumbling not happy.

Why do we need to make someone not happy to do something if we can say in a nice way?

2). I was about to pay and saw the cashier’s lady looks like having a bad day, sometimes we call it “black face”. When I approached her, first I smile at her, and you will surprise what is the affect. Suddenly her face is changed, she smiles and changed the way how she gives service to customer. She is become nicer.

3). Someone is accidentally knock on you, and he/she said “sorry”, just said “it’s ok “ and smile back.

4). There is a disable people selling tissue papers, give your little $ to buy it.

5). Give your small changes to beggar or any other person that need it. It does not hurt when you give small $ to other.

6). I bought 1 pack tissue contains 10 small packs. There was one lady, she only carry small handbag, looks like she is going to party. She only needs to get 1 pack small tissue which the shop do not sell that, she asked if she can have 1 from me and will give me $ to pay. I refused the $ and gave her 1 small pack tissue.

7). Share my knowledge with others who asked for. Some people does not want to share because they scared will lose their opportunity or people will not come back to them. This kind of mindset is wrong, we will not lose for what we have and sometimes even will get more. So, do not keep by yourself if someone asks something that you know.

8). Respect to others and more respect with your parents. Do not treat other people differently because of skin color, religious or citizenship.

9). Always say “Thank you” , to anything that people has done to you. ...

And there are much more good things that we can do. Believe me or not, you will be supprised if there will be always a way or someone will help you when you are in trouble or people (stranger) will be also nice to you.

Another few examples of good things that also happened to me:

1). During raining day, I did not carry umbrella, need to cross road. Suddenly there is a nice elderly approached me, asked “Miss, do you need any shelter ? “. He was carrying big umbrella. I was shocked because there are other peoples waiting to cross the road too but he only offer it to me.

2). Another incident about lift again ( lift is always crowded with peoples during peak hours ). When I walked toward the lift, I can see that the lift is full, seems like no more space. I was thinking, never mind I will wait the next one. There is one nice lady, she moved back and called me “come …still have a space for you”.

3). I had a kind of sort of $ due to some liabilities need to settle. Within the same month, I have received unexpected $ .

4). Inside train, there was a time that I was not feeling well, there was one empty seat in the crowded train... coincident ? maybe just my luck.

5). One day I have a meeting with customer, need to take a cab. In the same day and time , my close friend just nearby my office and her office is the same building as my customer. So she fetched me and drove to her office. In the evening, one of my customer who stay nearby my home, drive a car. So she asked me if I want to follow her back home…coincident again?


There are some more other cases, that all of those make my mind open, and give some conclusion:
- When we help and give to others, one of the day somehow will get a return, even though we do not expect that.
- Life will be much easier when persons help each other when need it.
- Spread positive behaviour, do not make difficult to others , be patient, would give a good benefit to your health.
- Good personality, good behaviours, respect to each others started from our family.

There is much more that I want to share with others, but for now just let's start to do a good thing to make a better living environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment